Tanja Classical Music Agency
Komenského náměstí 400/9, 130 00 Praha 3
Tanja Classical Music Agency in collaboration with the Prague Grammar and Music School presents the 1st Annual International Violin Competition
“The Josef Micka Competition”
under the auspices of Václav Hudeček
The competition will take place at the Prague Grammar and Music School, 9, Komenského náměsti, Prague 3 , from 8th to 10th March, 2013
- The competition is open to violinists attending junior music schools, conservatoires, secondary music schools, private schools or who are receiving private tuition, and who will perform the prescribed repertoire and comply with the age limit of 16 years of age.
- Competitors will play from memory and comply with the prescribed time limits; works by 20th and 21st century authors may be performed from the score.
- Non-compliance with the rules may result in disqualification.
- The competition is in one stage only. The chosen programme is binding, but in exceptional circumstances the jury may give permission for a change to a chosen piece.
- The jury reserves the right not to award certain prizes, also to award a shared prize, as well as to award special prizes.
- Any competitor has the right to enter a higher age category.
Age categories and time limits for performance
Category I – up to 8 years of age. For competitors born on or after 01.01.2005
Performance time limit 3-7 minutes.
Category II – up to 10 years of age. For competitors born on or after 01.01.2003
Performance time limit 4-8 minutes.
Category III – up to 12 years of age. For competitors born on or after 01.01.2001
Performance time limit 7-10 minutes.
Category IV – up to 14 years of age. For competitors born on or after 01.01.1999
Performance time limit 10-15 minutes. Works of two contrasting stylistic periods must be performed.
Category V – up to 16 years of age. For competitors born on or after 01.01.1997
Performance time limit 13-18 minutes. Works of at least two contrasting stylistic periods must be performed, of which one must be by a 20th or 21st century composer.
- Václav Hudeček – Chairman of the jury, violin virtuoso
- Eva Stegeman – Violinist, soloist, chamber musician, artistic director of The International Chamber Music Festival The Hague
- Jiří Panocha – Leader of the Panocha Quartet, HAMU Prague
- Pavel Zejfart – Member of the Panocha Quartet, ZUŠ J. L. Dusika, Čáslav
- Pavel Kudelásek – Leader of the Apollon Quartet, Prague Conservatoire, Prague Grammar and Music School
- Jiří Fišer – Prague Conservatoire, Prague Grammar and Music School
List of recommended / non compulsory works:
- Sylvie Bodorová: Dža More - for solo violin
- Petr Eben: Saul u věštkyně v En-Doru (Saul at the oracle of En-Doru) – Old Testament fresco for violin and piano
- Oldřich František Korte: Elíhu contra Job - Old Testament fresco for violin and piano
- Luboš Fišer:
- Ruce (Hands) - Sonata for violin and piano
- Amoroso for violin and piano (categories II and III only)
- Ilja Hurník:
- Ciacona for violin and piano
- Grave for violin and piano (categories II and III only)
- Partita for violin and piano (optional)
- Suite for violin and piano (optional)
- Viktor Kalabis: Aleluja (Psalm 150), op.74 – Old Testament fresco for violin and piano
- Luboš Sluka:
- Consonanza con Mozart for violin and piano
- Due pezzi – 2 elegeic pieces for violin and piano
- Lukáš Sommer: Déja vu – in memoriam Maurice Ravel for violin and piano
- Otmar Mácha: Elegy for violin and piano
- Vít Micka: Concertino for violin and piano
- A registration fee of 500 CZK must also be paid by 15.01.2013, by bank transfer to the following bank account: 1769809073 / 0800. As the variable symbol, the date of birth of the competitor should be used in the following way: 13-day, month, year (for example 13-01 04 98) and please add the following message to the recipient: Houslová soutěž JM plus the name of the competitor. All this will simplify identifying the payment.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- In the case of over-subscription, the number of competitors may be limited, due to time concerns. In this case, those who submitted their applications the earliest will be given precedence.
- Or you can pay the registration fee via PayPal.
We can send the payment order to your e-mail address.
In this case please send us:
1) Name of the payer
2) Your contact e-mail address
3) Name of the competitor
- Three main prizes can be awarded in each category
- Honorary prizes will also be awarded
- Each competitor will receive a Certificate of Participation
The following main prizes will be awarded:
- Concert violin bow by Milan Oubrecht – prize for the overall winner of the competition
- Chairman of the Jury Award – violin masterclasses with Václav Hudeček in Luhačovice
- Dalibor Bzirský – voucher for violin repair
- Award for the youngest competitor
- Award for outstanding pedagogical guidance
- Editio ONTA award
- TCMA award
We look forward to meeting you in Prague in March 2013!
Děkujeme za podporu / Thank you for your support
|Gymnázium a Hudební škola hlavního města Prahy - www.gmhs.cz|
|Mistr Milan Oubrecht - www.oubrecht.cz|
|Mamaison Hotels & Residences - www.mamaison.com||www.osa.cz|
|Golden Tikka - www.tikka.cz||Nadace Život umělce - www.nadace-zivot-umelce.cz|
|Vít Popp – České hudební nástroje - www.chn.cz|
|Mistr Dalibor Bzirský – opravy nástrojů - www.bzirsky-violin.cz|
|Akademie Václava Hudečka - www.akademievhudecka.cz|
|Nadace Vize97 - www.vize.cz|
|Cena Editio ONTA - editio-onta.com|
|Český rozhlas – Vltava - www.rozhlas.cz/vltava/portal|